Are you an innovative technologist looking to work on exciting new projects using new technologies that break old paradigms? Are you looking to be part of building the next generation travel product that will drive growth for Concur? Does the thought of designing and building a global application covering multiple regions, locales and languages get you excited? If so, you may be interested in the jobs we have for a growing team we are building at Concur. We are looking to build web based services with innovative UI and design practices, leading edge indexing and language technologies, and a scalable architecture, all with a fast paced delivery focused team mentality. Take a look below and see if you meet the criteria.
We are looking for a Software Design Engineer II in our Frankfurt office who will be responsible for migrating an existing ASP application into a service oriented ASP.NET MVC architecture and enhance current products and create new products by designing and developing complex software programs and applications. Concur offers an excellent growth environment and ample opportunity to work with organizations and software development teams in different cities and time zones.
- Create and maintain EMEA related features for Concur Travel
- Migrate existing functionality from ASP / VBScript into a service oriented ASP.NET architecture.
- Code, debug, unit, systems integration test and document new enhancements within the Travel system
- Work with existing infrastructure to optimize and fix customer issues
- Investigate assigned product issues, analyze layers of code for origin of bugs
- Gain complex product functionality and architecture knowledge.
- Analyze internal development process and make recommendations for changes.
- Produce Design Documents for assigned application features/enhancements.
- Review Marketing and Development documents to estimate time necessary for project completion.
- Provide feedback on functionality requests regarding feasibility and complexity.
- Review projects to verify accuracy and effectiveness of coding.
- Be aware of, and comply with, all corporate policies.
Education, Experience & Training required:
- BSCS, BSEE, or equivalent years of work experience.
- min 3 years in a technical related field.
- Effective communication skills, focusing on presentation of technical information.
- Ability to pass a background check.
Job Specific Specialized Knowledge & Skills:
- Advanced knowledge of software design and development process.
- Knowledge of .net/C#
- Candidate should have working knowledge of scripting technologies. VBScript is preferred but PHP, Ruby, or other scripting is acceptable.
- Candidate must demonstrate knowledge in at least one of the following skills:
- SQL (preferably Microsoft SQL Server T-SQL)
- Exercises judgment within broadly defined practices and policies in selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining solutions
- Experience in API design, design patterns and ASP.NET MVC is of advantage
- familiarity with corporate Travel (and particularly knowledge of one or more GDS) is looked upon very favorably
- Candidate should have strong interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Ability to work with an international team
Concur, a part of SAP, offers cloud-based services that make it simple to manage travel and expenses. By connecting data, applications and people, Concur delivers an effortless experience and total transparency into spend wherever and whenever it happens. The company serves more than 30,000 clients representing more than 27 million users in over 150 countries. We're proud of what we've accomplished so far, but now it is time to take it to the next level, and to do that we need you.
What we offer:
Concur’s culture is dynamic, fun and friendly where intelligence and creativity can shine within an innovative technical environment. With a core value of “Hire, Develop and Reward Great People”, we offer competitive salaries, bonus plan, pension, health, disability coverage, subsidized meal vouchers, 25 days holiday, plus 4 extra days off to work at a charity or not-for-profit organization of your choice.
Concur Technologies (UK) Ltd
Lyoner Strasse 15
Frau Marta Csakvari
Telefon: +49 (0)69 96376 7400